September 18, 2011

Cardon Clan Cumulation

On February 24th our family gained a new best friend.  Our 6 lb. 8 oz. 18.5 inch friend was nameless but not for a lack of trying.  We had a list of names and maybe that was the problem.  We also had a lot of "outside" opinions and that was truly the problem.  So our new little sweetheart gained a name 10 minutes before we left the hospital.  Some might say it's too long but I say who cares what they think because it's as fitting as it gets.  So without further ado I introduce you to Stockton Luis Kalikohemolele Cardon and by the time he's eight he'll be able to say it too.

So now let's rewind and see how we got here.....actually we all know how we got here so we'll not go there but to a few step afterwards.
So, after a year of trying for baby #2 and surviving a miscarriage we found out we were pregnant the weekend of July 4th.  So now instead of going to the doctor to talk about options and the "fun" annual exam, we were going to see the newest Cardon.
That appointment was the best appointment ever!  That sounds odd but it was wonderful.  First off we were pregnant so that makes the appointment better right off the bat.  Second my new doctor FAR exceeded my expectations (Side Note:  All I ever wanted was a female doctor but mine was moving to Texas and there weren't ant females taking new patients.  I was devastated!!!  My option was a man named "Rocky" Seale.  Rocky?!  What kind of a name is that?  Phil's definitely going to my first appointment.), Third I discovered that Kehl is protective of me. 
Since we didn't have a sitter we had to take Kehl with us.  So as I was there getting my check-up, which included a breast exam, Kehl was sitting next to Phil.  I looked over at him and saw this very perplexed look on his face.  He then turned to Phil and said, "He's touching Mommy's boobies."  Instantly, the doctor's face went red and he paused for a moment.  He then chimed in to help Kehl feel better and told him that he was just making sure that I was okay.  Kehl accepted this but still kept a close eye on him.  We then got an  ultrasound that put a lot of worry to rest.  There was in fact a baby in there and according to Kehl it was looking him in the eye.  The doctor checked the heartbeat and it was fast.  That apparently means nothing besides the fact that he's alive because we all know that Stockton came out a boy and not a girl.  At the end of the appointment the doctor asked, "So is he [Kehl] coming to ALL the appointments?" 
Kehl went to a few more appointments but none of them as invasive as the first.  A few times "Rocky" let him check the babies heartbeat by holding the monitor.  I just loved the fact that he always remembered Kehl's name and let him be apart of the pregnancy.
The appointment where we found out we were having a boy was quite a roller-coaster.  We both thought, for sure, we were having a girl.  So sure that I even made a girl quilt and bought an outfit or two...or more.  Don't judge, we all do it.  I actually threw-up this pregnancy, three times, which is three times more than the last.  Kehl kept telling everyone that he was having a sister.  The heartbeat was fast and I just felt different.  Well, I guess that's because Stockton was different but still very much a boy.
He was exactly three weeks early.  The labor was normal and a bit faster than the last time.  He beat Kehl into this world by 44 minutes.
When I first looked at him I didn't think he was mine.  You're probably thinking, "Ouch, that's mean!" but it really isn't.  I still loved him.  He just looked NOTHING like Kehl.  He had a lot more hair then Kehl (he had more hair than Kehl currently has), his eyes were so....different (for lack of a better word or to avoid offending others that wouldn't understand), his ear's were flat (they say it's because he was premature) and his nose was still adorable but just not the same.  He was his own precious.

Baby Blessing:




Second kid means second chances,right?  So, this time around I was going to get a picture of my son in his blessing outfit on his blessing day because I have neither of Kehl.  This time I did get both but I still FAILED to get a family picture   I guess that will just have to wait for baby number three. 
The blessing day was beautiful.  We couldn't have asked for better weather.  It'd been a cold, snowy spring so to get some sun on this day was a blessing in and of itself.  Phil was nervous but he did a beautiful job with the support of our wonderful family and Stockton made it easy by being so perfect. 
I LOVE my little boy!!!

2 comments:

Sunshine said...

I love that little man. He so sweet. I am a little peeved that I didn't ever get one of those cute baby announcement things?! I still love you though :) You have such a beautiful family.

Laurie said...

I've loved seeing the last several posts! I've been hoping to see pictures of your new addition. He's a cutie! Looks like you had a fun and crazy summer. Hope you guys are doing well!