August 21, 2011

For the Love of the Game

My mom LLOOOOVVVEEEEES football and on some days it borders on an obsession.  She grew up going to Cougar games so you might be a bit confused as you read this entry and see A LOT of red.....but, you won't see it on my mom.
So, my mom's cousin had some extra Ute tickets and invited my family to come.  We rode the train down to avoid what my parents call traffic.  Who cares about traffic.  Have I told you that I LLOOOOVVVEEEEE the train?  Well, I do.
Anyhow, we went to the game, I overheated, bought a t-shirt, took a nap, and got back on the train.  You'd think that after a long day of heated football, we'd just go home and relax, but mom's version of relaxing is watching more football.  We headed straight home and hoofed it to WSU for the second half.
To make a long day even longer, the game went into triple overtime.  I can't say that was a bad thing because it made for an exciting game.  I found myself cheering right along side my mom. 
We cheered really loud when the lights came back on (20 min. wait) after being accidentally turned off for the firework show.  WSU was about to win when the lights went out.....don't worry they finished what they started.  "Weber State, Weber State, Great, Great, Great!"
When the lights went out for the second time, we finally got to go home. 




No comments: